PAIN TAKER


Study Text; 1 Peter 2:24.

 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

I know you are accustomed to the word " painkillers " but probably not so much with "pain taker".

Well, the idea behind painkillers is to numb the pains in the body. 
Having been operated on, on two different occasions, I can boldly tell you that those drugs that are referred to as pain killers are better described as pain suspenders.

Basically, the doctors administer those medications or injections in order to numb the patient during a given period of time, so they can carry out their operation without itch.

While this drugs are in effects, the patient will feel no sensation or motion in the affected area, hence, the doctors will have a field day to perform their enterprise.

However, as the effect of the drug wears off, the pains set in, and it has been proven that such pains stay longer than when no pain killers were administerd.

So far so good about pain killers, what we are examining today is Pain-taker. Unlike the painkillers which is merely a pain suspender, Pain-taker, just as the name suggests, will practically take the pains away.

Now, you may be wondering what this pain-taker is all about? Well,it's more of a 'Who' rather than a 'what'. 

Our text is direct on the missions of the Pain-taker:

1. He's not there to alleviate the pain, He literarily took it away.

2. He didn't just take the pains away, He took it upon himself on our behalf.

Some years ago, when I was in my teens, my Dad was bent on flogging me for an offence I committed. Being naturally afraid of cains, I burst into tears, begging for mercy, but my Dad had a standing policy, - the moment he uttered a word, he has to see it through.

People who heard me crying, came, begging on my behalf for my Dad to have mercy, but he was resolute and said the only way out for me was for any of my " pleaders " to take the lashes of cain on my behalf. Obviously, all the people there were quite elderly, I was the youngest of them all.

The moment this verdict was passed, there was silence everywhere. 
From the blues, my big brother(much older than me) stepped forward, stretched out his hands, and without hesitation, my Dad gave him the four lashes of Cain that was due me. 

This is the perfect picture of what pain-taker does.

And who is this Pain taker? 

Yes, He is no other person but JESUS CHRIST.

 *The first pain Jesus took away, is the pain  of the burden of sin. No other person could take it away, and you can't take it yourself.* Only Jesus can.

After taking this burden of sin away, He sets us at liberty to live unto righteousness.1 Pet. 2:24.

Secondly, he took away our pains of sickness and disease. By His stripes ye were healed.

Note that whoever did not accept His offer of removing the burden of sin, cannot gain access to the second offer of freedom from sickness and disease.

The best anyone or anything can offer you outside Jesus, is a painkiller, which is merely a pain suspender.

 *HAVE YOU BEEN TO JESUS FOR THE CLEANSING FLOOD?* 
 *ARE YOU WASHED IN THE BLOOD OF THE LAMB?*  He is your only guaranteed paintaker. 


Bible  reading: Isaiah 53: 1-12.


*CIA CAMPUS MOVEMENT PUBLICATION  +233241109074, +233558355977
https://hisvoicedevotional.blogspot.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE GOOD FIGHT-2

PRAYING MEN

BE CALM & LISTEN-3