INSTRUCTION

Text : Pro 23:12 

 *Apply thine heart unto instruction, and thine ears to the words of knowledge.* 

 *The irony of life is, your disobedience to God's instructions is tantamount to obedience to the devil.* 

Recently, God taught me a lesson through my faulty phone. The phone was tagged as faulty because it stopped receiving instructions from me, the owner. On its own, it will dial numbers, write messages and at times call people without my consent. 

At other times, when the phone is required to perform some tasks, it will just refuse to comply. 

Correct phone receives instructions from the owners and carry out same accordingly. The moment the phone develops a 'brain' of its own, so it can do stuffs without being instructed, such phone has overstayed it usefulness, and already heading towards the trash bin. 

While expressing my Displeasure over the dysfunctionality of the phone to my spouse, then I heard the Lord saying to me silently that, "that's the same way I feel over those who will not take instructions." Permit me to share some of the lessons I learnt with you :

1. *Busy but guilty:* All the time the phone was working on its own, it was draining battery, yet doing disservice to me. 

 *A number of times you get busy in the name of working for God without being approved by God first and foremost.* 

Many are busy in the name of Christ, expending time and energy, yet Jesus didn't know them. Luke 13:27.

This is a very dangerous zone, *God must approve of you first before your service can be acceptable.* 

2. *Wait to be instructed:* If you don't have any need of your phone, the phone will lay still, until it is needed. 

 *Don't run ahead of God, always wait to be instructed by Him before you take your next move.* 

Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.Psa 27:14.

3. *He will foot the bill.* It is my responsibility to charge my phone and load credit on it for it to serve me better. In the same way, *God is committed to making provisions available for all of His visions. If He sent you, He will carry you through.* He always sponsor His project adequately.

The bottom line here is applying your heart to all of His instructions with the aim of obeying them. 

Wisdom only demands that you receive instruction from the Lord before embarking or venturing into any endeavor.

 *Take hold of my instructions; don’t let them go. Guard them, for they are the key to life. Prov.4:13* 


Bible Reading : Proverbs 4:1-27.


 *PRAYER FOCUS.* 

1. Lord help me to take hold of instruction in Jesus nane.


CIA CAMPUS MOVEMENT PUBLICATION, +233241109074, +233558355977 https://hisvoicedevotional.blogspot.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE GOOD FIGHT-2

PRAYING MEN

BE CALM & LISTEN-3