INCREDIBLE LOVE-2

Text : 1 Johnn 3:1  

Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not. 

Love is a two way traffic, "I  love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me", the Lord said in the book of Proverb chapter 8 verse17. The two parties involved here are: the Almighty God and You!

It has been established from the scriptures that the love of God is always constant because God is love, (1John 4:8). But the question is, do you love God?

When you ask people this question, the ready-made answer is "Yes".  There is however a yardstick with which  your love for the Father God can be determined.

Jesus Christ once said to one of his disciples, "If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. (John 14:23).
"Without mincing words,  *one major yardstick for showing your love for God is by keeping His words/commands."* 

Also,  in First John 4:20, the word of God says, If a man says, "I love God, and hates his brother, he is a liar: for he that loves not his brother whom he has seen, how can he love God whom he has not seen?"
This is another yardstick that shows your love for God. You love God when you love your brother. 

If you keep God's word and you love your brothers, then  the love of God will be perfected in you. 
 
*No man has seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwells in us, and his love is perfected in us.1John 4:12.* 


*Bible reading:* Luke 23:32-43

 *PRAYER FOCUS* 
Father God, help me to keep your words and to love the brethren.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE GOOD FIGHT-2

PRAYING MEN

BE CALM & LISTEN-3