MY STRENGTH

Text :  Psalms  27:1.

The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
 
Psalms 27 is believed to have been written when David was fleeing from his violently rebellious son, Absalom. 

It's one thing to be betrayed, it's another thing to be betrayed by a very close and trusted friend or family member. It's always highly devastating and crumbling.

Such was the kind of betrayal David experienced in the hand of his own son, Absalom. With such betrayal comes, overwhelming weakness and loss of morale.

However,  David gave a good example of what should be done at such down-times. He boldly declared that:
1.) _The Lord is my light and my salvation._ *If the Lord is not your light and salvation, you will live in fear and despair.* 

This life is full of ups and downs. Everyone will have his own fair share of dark moments, but if the Lord is your light and salvation, you will come out shinning. 

2.) *The Lord is the strength of my life.* David also declared that the Lord is the strength of his life, hence, he'll be afraid of no one.

The best time to garner strength for battle is before the battle comes. You need strength to prevail in the face of difficulties. 

Proverbs 24:10 says If you grow weary when times are troubled, your strength is limited. *The Lord is your only source of unlimited strength, who will see you through every storm.*

Isaiah  40:29 says He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength. Only the Lord can give you strength and keeps increasing your strength until you win.

Who or what is the strength of your Life?
Is the Lord your light and your salvation?

Bible  Reading:

Psalms 27:1-11.

PRAYER FOCUS

1.) Father God, I declare that you are my strength and my very present help in trouble in Jesus name. (Amen)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE GOOD FIGHT-2

PRAYING MEN

BE CALM & LISTEN-3