Do Not Doubt

Text : Matthew 14:30 

But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me.

Yesterday, we saw how Peter began to sink because he took off His eyes from Jesus. (Mathew 14:31). Today, we shall start considering the reason why Peter was sinking on the sea.

If I may ask, "Do you believe God?" Of course without thinking twice, I trust your  reply will be a capital YES! But then, you also need to ask yourself further, 'If I truly believe why have I not been freely taking delivery of God's promises as stipulated in His word?"

For instance, our Lord Jesus Christ says ...whatever things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive.* 
(Matthew 21:22). Also in Mark 9:23, He says, " *...all things are possible to him that believes."* Jesus further mentioned in 
Mark  11:24  that *"...What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them."*  

In the same manner, Jesus highlighted certain signs that ought to follow those that believe in Him, He said "... these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues; they will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover."
(Mark 16:17&18).

You may need to be sincere with yourself and confront yourself  with this singular 1 million dollar question: Why am I not experiencing all of the above promises and more which Jesus has made to all those who belive in Him?

Jesus said to Peter, "O you of little faith why did you doubt?" Doubt is the reason you have not been receiving God's promises. *Doubt is a poisonous and deadly pill that believers must never swallow.* Doubt in your heart is death, and you must resist it by fixing your gaze on Jesus through the Word.

You must know that you can't be a believer and remain in unbelief and doubts, and expects to receive fulfillment of God's promises.
 *A true believer truly believes in God; he is a diligent seeker of God and, he holds God to His words and promises.* 

So, believing God is not about paying lips service or mere mental assent to His words, but a simple but total heart-clinging and heart-dependence on God. Anything short of this is doubt.

Declare:
 *I am a believer, I fear nothing but God, I doubt my doubt, I trust my God and He will come through for me.* 


*Bible Reading:*  

Mathew 14:23-31.

 *PRAYER FOCUS* 

1.) The Lord has not given me the spirit of fear, therefore I declare that fear shall no longer have a rule over my life in the name of Jesus.

2.) Father Lord, deliver me from every doubtful spirit in the name of Jesus.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE GOOD FIGHT-2

PRAYING MEN

BE CALM & LISTEN-3