LORD OF ALL

Text :  Matthew  22:37 

Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

If Jesus had said you shall love the Lord thy God with your heart, soul and mind, the statement would have been correct. But He said you shall love the Lord your God with *all* your heart, and with *all* your soul, and with *all* your mind.

Note that the emphasis is on the *ALL.*This presupposes that your  heart, soul and mind can be compartmentalised. 

You can actually love God with some portion of your heart and reserve the rest to love someone or something else.

As a matter of fact, when people say they love God, what they are actually saying is "I want God to be in charge of some stuffs in my life, but definitely not all."

In Isaiah 42:8 God said, I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.

God wants to be Lord in every aspect of your life. He can't co-lord with anything or anyone in your life.

To love the Lord with all your heart, soul and mind is to love Him with everything you are and with everything you have.

God gave you His ALL, and He wants you to give Him your ALL. It's either He is Lord of all, or He's not Lord at all.

Bible  Reading: Matthew 22:34-40.

 PRAYER FOCUS

1.) Father God, help me to love you with all that I am and all that I have.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE GOOD FIGHT-2

PRAYING MEN

BE CALM & LISTEN-3