DON'T BURN THE BRIDGE-2

Text: Ruth 1:16.

But Ruth answered, “Stop urging me to abandon you and to turn back from following you. Because wherever you go, I’ll go. Wherever you live, I’ll live. Your people will be my people, and your God, my God. 

Today, we shall be looking at how Ruth did not burn down her seemingly unproductive bridge (relationship) with her mother in law(Naomi). 

Naomi decided to return back to Israel having lost her husband and two sons in Moab. 

At the point of return, her two daughters-in-law clinged unto her, wanting to go with her to Israel. 

Naomi painted a vivid picture of her hopelessness to Orpah and Ruth. She said, 

"Turn back, my daughters, go—for I am too old to have a husband. If I should say I have hope, if I should have a husband tonight and should also bear sons, would you wait for them till they were grown? Would you restrain yourselves from having husbands? No, my daughters; for it grieves me very much for your sakes that the hand of the LORD has gone out against me!"  (Ruth 1: 12&13).

Immediately Orpah heard these, she kissed Naomi goodbye and burned the relationship(bridge). After all,  her relationship (with Naomi) had been  unproductive and hopeless.

Today, you and I can tell that Ruth gained a great deal by plying the seemingly unproductive bridge of Naomi. Ruth sticked with Naomi,  and it later turned out to be the most productive relationship she ever had in her lifetime. 

Through Naomi, Ruth married Boaz. Boaz gave birth to Jesse, Jesse gave birth to David.  Jesus Christ our Lord came from the lineage of David, from which Ruth was part. 

Ruth stayed faithful and committed to this seemingly unprofitable relationship with Naomi, and it later turned out to be a very profitable one.

Stay faithful and committed to that relationship, it will turn out well soon, if you keep faith in God. 

No one wants to associate with a person when he is at his low ebb, friends only gather round you when all is going on well.* Meanwhile, true friends are only those that gather around you when you are in the pit and at your down time.

Bible  Reading: Ruth 1:7-22.


PRAYER FOCUS

1.) Father God, please grant me the grace and patience not to burn the bridge that ought to take me to my next level in Jesus name.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE GOOD FIGHT-2

PRAYING MEN

BE CALM & LISTEN-3