I WILL RISE AGAIN

Text :  Micah  7:8 

Rejoice not against me, O mine enemy: when I fall, I shall arise; when I sit in darkness, the LORD shall be a light unto me.

 *As long as God's breath remains in you, you must keep hope alive even in the face of great adversity.* You must know that there is always a rising up for you even when you fall. 

Our text says, "when I fall..." and not "If I fall..." because it is certain there would always be a down and dark times in one's life. It is at this time, your enemy likes to rejoice over you.

For instance, David's  down and dark time happened to him when he left his throne and palace because his son, Absalom committed treason against him. 

This season was a challenging moment in his life. While David and his men were on the run, a man by the name Shimei accosted them and began to curse king David. 

Shimei cursed King David and said to him,  _"...Come out! Come out! You bloodthirsty man, you rogue! The LORD has brought upon you all the blood of the house of Saul, in whose place you have reigned; and the LORD has delivered the kingdom into the hand of Absalom your son. So now you are caught in your own evil, because you are a bloodthirsty man!" (2 Samuel 16:7-8)_ 

You can imagine someone cursing and  uttering such statement against you in time of your trouble. Such is a type of an enemy rejoicing over one during a challenging time in one's life.

Just as the text has it (Micah 7:8), David rose again from his fall and the Lord became his light. His throne was restored to him and the rejoicing of Shimei over him ceased.

May the Lord also raise you from your fall and be your light in the season of your darkness in Jesus name. 

Bible Reading: 2 Samuel 16:5-14.

PRAYER FOCUS

1.) Father God, I receive the grace to stand strong in my down and dark moment in Jesus name.

2. Father Lord, please, do not give the enemy any opportunity to rejoice over me in Jesus name.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE GOOD FIGHT-2

PRAYING MEN

BE CALM & LISTEN-3