THE SHEPHERD & THE SHEEP 2

Text: Matthew 9:36


 *But when he saw the multitudes, he was moved with compassion on them, because they fainted, and were scattered abroad, as sheep having no shepherd.* 


Today, we shall continue to examine the Lord's emphasis on the need for a true shepherd over your life. You must personally decide not to be carried away or distracted by the charisma or efizzy of a Pastor. Rather, you must look out for a man with true  shepherdic heart.   


 *A true shepherd is not so much concerned about impressing his sheep. He is only concerned about giving protection, provision and guidance to the sheep.* Provision, Protection  and Guidance are the basic needs of every sheep.


People attend church for different wrong reasons. If you will be sincere with yourself, you need to be able to give an affirmative YES to the following for you to be sure you are under a shepherd and not hirelings.


Can you say that you are being properly fed, protected and led? 


Are your spiritual needs being met?

Are you growing in the knowledge of the Chief Shepherd (our Lord Jesus Christ)?


Are you being shielded from predators(devil and its influences)? 


Are you being guided in the path of everlasting life and purpose? 


Are you discovering the hope and essence of your calling?


In summary, if you are being led by a shepherd who is under the leadership of the Chief shepherd, then Psalm 23 shall be your reality. The contemporary English Version(CEV) puts it this way:


 *You, LORD, are my shepherd.  I will never be in need.You let me rest in fields  of green grass.  You lead me to streams  of peaceful water, and you refresh my life.*


You are true to your name,  and you lead me  along the right paths. I may walk through valleys  as dark as death,  but I won't be afraid.  You are with me,  and your shepherd's rod  makes me feel safe. You treat me to a feast,  while my enemies watch.  You honor me as your guest,  and you fill my cup  until it overflows.


 *Your kindness and love  will always be with me  each day of my life,  and I will live forever  in your house, LORD.* 



 *PRAYER FOCUS* 


1. Father, I submit myself under the shepherdic leadership of Jesus Christ. I receive grace to stay under the leadership God has provided for me.



Bible Reading: Psalms 23:1-6.


 *CHRIST IMAGE ASSEMBLY* 

+233241109074, +233558355977 https://hisvoicedevotional.blogspot.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE GOOD FIGHT-2

PRAYING MEN

BE CALM & LISTEN-3