HEART 2


Text:  1 Samuel 16:7


 *But the LORD said to him, “Pay no attention to how tall and handsome he is. I have rejected him, because I do not judge as people judge. They look at the outward appearance, but I look at the heart.”* 


Proverbs 4:23 says *Keep your heart with all diligence, For out of it [spring] the issues of life.*  


 *"If you are able to keep your heart, you will be able to keep your tongue-A tamed heart  is a tamed tongue."* 


When Samuel visited Jesse's house for ordination, the Lord uttered the statement, _"...I have refused him..."_ concerning Eliab while Samuel uttered the statement, _"...neither has the Lord chosen this..."_ towards the other six sons.

The statements " _I have refused you"_ and _"I have not chosen you"_ carry two different meaning. While the first shows *Rejection* , the latter shows *Preference* . 


The basis for rejection, preference and acceptance from the Lord is the state of our hearts. No one can hide his heart's content from God, though you may hide from man just for a little while. 


David who was just a shepherd (of sheep and goats) has got the heart to do God's will than all his seven brothers. 


God found David's heart to be one after Him. God found his heart as the most appropriate for the job (1Sam. 13:14). In the same manner, God daily weighs hearts to see if anyone is fit for what He's about to do in His kingdom, church, family, community, city, and Nation. Would the Lord find your heart worthy for His assignment today?


As far as the Lord is concerned, It's all about the heart and not the physique, talent or charisma. The Lord will judge all based on the content of their hearts. 


If you carefully study David in the Bible, you will realise that he was a man who focused  much on his heart. He once asked the Lord to search his heart and see if there is any wicked way in him, and lead him in the way everlasting.

Psalms 139:23&24.


Would you be willing that your heart be searched by the Lord as well? For you to continually experience the flow of God's Spirit and approval, you must regularly undergo regular heart check in the "WORD CLINIC".


 _Let my heart be sound in thy statutes; that I be not ashamed.Psalms 119:80.



 *PRAYER FOCUS* 


1. Father Lord, help me to pay attention to my heart and what comes out from it. 


2. Search me O LORD and see if there is any wickedness in my heart, and purge me. 


 *Bible Reading* 


I Samuel 16:5-14.


 *CHRIST IMAGE ASSEMBLY* 

+233241109074, +233558355977 https://hisvoicedevotional.blogspot.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE GOOD FIGHT-2

PRAYING MEN

BE CALM & LISTEN-3