FINDING REST

Text : Mathew 11:28 ISV 

“ Come to me, all of you who are weary and loaded down with burdens, and I will give you rest. 

Yesterday, we established that in Matthew 11:28, Jesus offers to give whoever comes to Him rest, and in verse 29, He offered those who  come to Him a path leading to a rested life.

Some years back, my brother gave me a palm-top. I was not just grateful for this gift, I was beside myself with excitement. However, reality soon dawn on  me as I  realised that I  don't have a clue as to how to operate this gadget. In no time, the excitement fizzled away and I eventually had to dump  the gift.

Now, the problem was never with the palm-top, but wirh my lack of knowledge as to how to operate it.
It's one thing to have a gift, it's another thing to be able to use it. When the purpose of a thing is not known, abuse they say is inevitable.

Jesus knew that man does not have the wherewithal to live a restful life except through His tutelage. This is why He said, "learn of me, and I will give you rest."

Now, let us look closely at the verse.  _Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls._ 

1,) Take my yoke :
Ironically, the way to be free from the weight and burdens of this world is to accept the yoke of Christ.

No one is free from yoke bearing,  its either you are carrying burdens of this world or you are bearing the yoke of Christ. The choice is always yours. 

2.) Learn of me: Jesus wants us to learn of Him so we can be like Him. He goes further to explain His character:

a.) Meekness: This is one attribute of Christ that you must seek to have. Colossians 3:12 actually says you must put on meekness like a garment among other virtues.

2.) Lowly in heart : Another word for this is humility. God loves the humble and he resist the proud.

When you are able to learn these two attributes and live by them, you would indeed find rest for your soul.
 

Bible Reading: Mathew 11:25-30.


CIA CAMPUS MOVEMENT PUBLICATION, +233241109074, +233558355977 https://hisvoicedevotional.blogspot.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE GOOD FIGHT-2

PRAYING MEN

BE CALM & LISTEN-3