ETERNAL WASTE

Text : Ezekiel 33:8  

 *When I say unto the wicked, O wicked man, thou shalt surely die; if thou dost not speak to warn the wicked from his way, that wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand.* 

Permit me to share an experience I had some years back with you. When I was in my final year in the University, I decided to read in a quiet, lonely class one day. Not too long after I got to the class, a popular cultist from my class also walked into the class, (The type that lecturers fear, the type that doesn't hide the fact that they are cultists). 

Immediately, I received a nudging in my Spirit to witness Christ to him, but I whisked the thought away. Surprisingly, the guy walked up to me and tried to start up a discussion. I received the nudging again, but this time, I decided to be civilized about it. I told myself that I will let the discussion build gradually and introduce Jesus with time. 

Long story short, I had two other contacts with this guy outside campus that same day, but decided to still play it cool. We became friends(instead of making him the friend of Jesus), I looked forward to an opportune time to introduce Jesus to him-that time never came. 

That same night, he went out with his group to fight a rival group and he was shot in the chest. The next thing I saw the week after is his obituary. 

That was over ten years ago, and the guilt is still fresh anytime I remember. God knew what was about to befall him,and positioned me to rescue the situation but I failed. He said, When I say unto the wicked, O wicked man, thou shalt surely die; if thou dost not speak to warn the wicked from his way, that wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand.* Eze. 33:8.

If I had obeyed, two things could have happened 

1. It's either he believes and repent and could have been saved from the untimely death. 

2. Or he refused and go his way, but my neck would have been free of guilt. 

Though I know God has forgiven me, but the scar is fresh in my heart each time I remember an eternal waste that could have been averted if I had simply obeyed. 

 *True obedience should BE PROMPT AND TOTAL.* 

A number of times, we don't get to see the consequences of our disobedience the way I saw mine, yet more often than not the consequences carry eternal weight nonetheless. 

Your business is not so much about the reaction of whom you are taking the message to, but about who gave you the message. A little delay or a little compromise can lead to unreversed eternal waste. 

Don't allow anyone's blood to be required at your hand, rather, set about His business now while it is day.

 *PRAYER FOCUS* 

1. Ask the Lord to forgive you of every act of disobedience. 

2. Receive Grace for prompt and total obedience. 

Bible reading: Ezekiel 33:1-20.

CIA CAMPUS MOVEMENT PUBLICATION, +233241109074, +233558355977

 You are free to Share this blog with your contacts_ https://hisvoicedevotional.blogspot.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE GOOD FIGHT-2

PRAYING MEN

BE CALM & LISTEN-3