WHAT NEXT

Text : Mar 12:30.

And you must love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.’

Some years back, I was a student at the Polytechnic.  By divine arrangement, I seem to belong to virtually every unit in the fellowship.  I was a member of the Sanctuary keepers,  I  doubled as the Evangelism and Prayer secretary at the executive level, I  was part of the altar nurses who always sit with the pastors to attend to their needs. And many more engagements that has no portfolio but always find me ready to execute. 

Later,  I did a  direct entry to the University and I  told myself that enough of the accumulated extra baggage of spiritual activities (mind you,  I was doing all these with all of my heart and my academics was not suffering). 

However, I resolved within myself that I will not be so entangled with 'spiritual encumbrances' like I  did at the polytechnic.  Hence,  whenever people accost me with one responsibility or the other at the fellowship,  my ready answer for them is,  " my primary aim of coming to this school is my academics, every Other thing is secondary."

This became my song and a legitimate way of escaping any extra curriculum activities in the church, until one day...

I was by myself one cool evening when I suddenly realised that I had company,  I  knew it was the Lord because of the peaceful and calm aura that came with it. And immediately,  the following conversation ensue:

 *The Lord* : My dear,  what did you say your primary 

aim is? 

 *Me* : Oh,  my academics of course. 

 *The Lord:* So after that what next, what will be your next primary aim? 

 *Me* : Oh,  to go for my service.

 *The Lord* : After that what next? 

 *Me*: To be gainfully employed now( I  answered with the mind that I know He already knows). 

 *The Lord* : Then what next? 

 *Me* : Oh,  to settle down and raise a.goodly family. 

 *The Lord* : Then what next? 

 *Me* (with a calmer spirit) To grow to a full old age. 

 *The Lord* : And after that, what next? 

 *Me* : (Realising the inevitability of my next reply, I answered in a more sober spirit) To die. 

 *The Lord* :And after this what next? 

 *Me*(With a sincere but humbled heart, I said) To make heaven. 

Then the Lord asked me,  "of all the things you've listed above about your primary aims,  which of them will grant you access into the kingdom of heaven that you desire  to gain at the end of it all?"

Without being  told,  I knew I had been running with a misplaced priorities. I thank God that He came to intercept and showed me mercy to understand what I should really live for. 

 *My friend, are you still walking or even running with a misplaced priorities? 

What is your primary aim in life? 

 *After all your acquisitions and achievements , WHAT NEXT?* 

 *This is the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.Ecc 12:13 KJV*

Bible reading: Proverbs 3:1-35.

CIA CAMPUS MOVEMENT PUBLICATION, +233241109074, +233558355977

 You are free to Share this blog with your contacts_ https://hisvoicedevotional.blogspot.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE GOOD FIGHT-2

PRAYING MEN

BE CALM & LISTEN-3