INCREDIBLE LOVE

Text :1John 3:1

Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not._ 

The Amplified version of our text refers to the love the Father shows to us as INCREDIBLE. "See what an incredible quality of love the Father has shown to us, that we would [be permitted to] be named and called and counted the children of God! And so we are! For this reason the world does not know us, because it did not know Him."

A number of times, we are unable to see this love of the father. 

Some years back I was in a prayer meeting and a song was raised. The lyrics was simply talking about how good and loving the father is to me.  Immediately,  I was switched off because I felt the song was not so true concerning me.  I was hurting,  alone,  lonely and dejected. So I couldn't receive the love of the father. 

I walked out of the meeting amidst tears because of my overwhelming feelings of dejection. While  sulking, I felt the love of the Father,  tenderly telling me how He has been good and faithful to me, but how I have refused to receive His love. At the end of that experience,  I discovered that it is one thing to give, it is another thing to receive. 

Whatever you didn't receive, you can't have it, and what you don't have, you can't give. Many people can't give love(agape love) because they have refused to receive the love of the Father. 

Today,  the Father is calling you to see what an incredible quality of Love He has shown unto you. The fact that He permitted you to be named,  called and counted among His children is such a deep rooted dimension of His love that will take you eternity to unravel. 

Don't let the enemy deceive your heart that He(God) doesn't love you.  Don't ever buy into this lie, no matter how unpleasant your present situation is. He is working everything out in your favour. Romans 8:28.

 *Open your heart to receive the Incredible love of the father,  that His love may flow from you to others.* 

Bible reading: 1 John 3:1-24.

CIA CAMPUS MOVEMENT PUBLICATION, +233241109074, +2335583559

 You are free to Share this blog with your contacts_ https://hisvoicedevotional.blogspot.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE GOOD FIGHT-2

PRAYING MEN

BE CALM & LISTEN-3